Forde Recruitment are looking for Field Service Engineer’s to join a team of dedicated service engineers and sales representatives in offering a wide range of equipment and services to our clients care and nursing home customers.
Our well-established client within medical manufacturing provides LOLER testing, electrical and mechanical care for medical devices including patient hoists, beds and pressure equipment nationwide.
You will cover a regional patch and work autonomously with your own company vehicle and will receive door-to-door pay for any travel undertaken in addition to full company training.
Location: Brighton (Covering surrounding areas)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £30,000-£33,000 (OTE £40,000+)
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance, LOLER inspections, and other service activities on our client’s range of products. This requires you to follow logical and systematic steps to test equipment and diagnose any potential or existing faults while working in a Safe and Cost-effective manner.
- Actively promote and fulfil our client’s preventive maintenance offer.
- Recommend repairs and improvements to the customer and provide quotations on prospective work such as replacement of wear and tear parts to avoid breakdowns between service visits and upgrades to improve the functionality of the equipment.
- Work in close cooperation with the sales force so that potential sales opportunities and leads outside of your scope can be captured and managed internally.
- To develop full knowledge of their products. You also keep up to date with the care home equipment developments and our competitors’ product and service offers.
- Responsible to maintain the company vehicle, its stock, and tools as well as your company phone, tablet/laptop in good working order.
- Responsible for accurate timesheet reporting, correctly detailing job numbers, recording travel time, tagging and labelling equipment, etc.
- Door to door pay.
- On-Call Rota
- Strong customer focus: passionate about customers and the service you provide as an Engineer.
- Trained and experienced in carrying out LOLER tests on Care Home or similar equipment is desired but not essential
- Able and willing to stay away overnight to cover more remote work to maximise time on site and reduce travel time in own area and when working in other engineers’ areas.
- Formal education in Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Hydraulic Engineering is preferred although a full company induction and training will be provided.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Overtime is paid at basic time in the week over 40 hrs, and then 1.5x at weekends and bank holidays (if required).
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (33 in total)
- Unlimited Overtime
- Company Van including personal use.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who are operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for additional opportunities.