£23000 starting salary
Permanent Full time role.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our clients facility in Rotherham. As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for aiding the sites Production Manager with the running of the factory.
To Manage the Manufacturing Team, plant, and materials in a culture of performance, review and action, open communication, employee involvement and continuous improvement in support of achieving the Business Goals and Objectives. The production Supervisor will be responsible for their shift that would run over three shifts Days and Afters on rotation basis, or permanent Nights. The shifts would be Monday to Friday, however this would be subject to change if needed.
20 days of annual holidays + bank holidays, pension scheme 5% from company. Training and progress is available as well.
- Oversee production and resolve any issues informing Operations Director if any issues cannot be resolved.
- Monitor product standards and having a sound knowledge of the quality control programs implemented.
- Liaise and co-operate with QA department to ensure products are produced to QA standards and to customer specifications.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing practices are followed.
- Ensure that Health and Safety guidelines are followed.
- Support Company policies and ensure all members of staff adhere to them at all times.
Skills/ Personal Attributes:
- A desire to deliver results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self – motivated and strong commitment to personal development.
- Professional approach and attitude.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Previous experience working in production supervisor role or similar is essential.
- Previous experience in managing teams is essential.
- Previous experience of working in the food industry is essential.
- Knowledge of food legislation standards.
- Experience in Managing Performance
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
Apply online today.
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.