Published: October 20, 2020
We are currently recruiting for Porters to work with our Client based in Sheffield, S4.
The nature of the job is to ensure safe loading and unloading goods takes place whilst adopting a friendly, professional approach with customers at all times.
Individual must be able to liaise between customers and clients to ensure delivery standards are met, therefore a high level of communication is needed for this role.
Job roles include:
- Full knowledge of manual handling
- Showing care and attention when transporting goods
- Disassembling furniture such as beds to fit through gaps i.e doors/elevators
- Taking care when packing and transporting fragile goods and knowing the best way to pack delicate items
- Reporting to supervisor where appropriate on a daily basis
- Assist with warehouse and general duties
- Ensure equipment and work stations are clean and fit for purpose
- Reporting any accidents or issues ensuring they are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manor
Must be physically fit to carry out roles due to weight of goods/products
Flexible to work different shifts 24/7 hours
The successful candidate will have:
- Positive attitude
- Reliable and punctual approach to work
- Good time keeping
- Effective team player
- Polite and professional
- Ability to meet time deadlines
£8.72 ph - Time and a half after 40 hours work, double time on Sundays and bank holidays