Manufacturing Engineer (Fabrication)
The holder of the position will be part of the engineering department. They will work as part of a team and have responsibility for new product introduction, day to day manufacturing engineering requirements, customer technical liaison and cost reduction, with the main focus being on fabricated components.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for leading the manufacturing process design, development and improvement for new and existing products. With the priority being on, cost reduction, quality improvement and on time delivery.
- Be the engineering lead in New Product Introduction events.
- Work with quality engineers and provide engineering support and input into the non-conformance review process.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to shop floor production activities.
- Support or lead technical liaison and design reviews with customers.
- Provide input into the quotation process.
- Ensure that the required engineering documentation is produced in a timely manner and is maintained and updated as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Experience of engineering the manufacture Fabricated components produced from Stainless Steel, Nickel based alloys, Titanium and Aluminium generally incorporating machined and sheet metal details.
- Experience in the welding of Stainless steel, Nickel based alloys titanium and aluminium.
- Experience in working on high precision components.
- Experience for presswork.
- Have an analytical, data driven approach to problem solving and improvement activities.
- Be self-motivated and have good project management skills.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Have a history of identifying and introducing cost reduction opportunities.
- Be comfortable liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing principles.
- Have a proven manufacturing engineering background in fabricated components.
- Have a good understanding of technical drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Computer literacy with experience of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project)
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business and with customers and suppliers.
- Have a proven history of successful team work.
Please apply for this role online today.
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.