Jig and Tool Maker
The holder of the position will be part of the Tool Room team in this aerospace manufacturing company. This team provides vital support to the manufacturing facility by producing, repairing and maintaining jigs, fixtures and form tools for new and existing product. These jigs and fixtures range from small pin fitting tools to fixtures of over 1 metre diameter.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team and be responsible for producing new jigs, fixtures and form tools to the engineering drawings provided by the tooling design team.
- Be responsible for maintaining, repairing and improving existing jigs, fixtures and form tools.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and tooling design engineers to provide the most effective and cost efficient tooling solutions.
- Provide tool room support to the maintenance department.
- Provide input into the quotation process.
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Be fully competent using manual lathes for turning details up to 1 metre diameter also milling machines, radial arm drills, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Have all the required hand skills for jig and tool manufacturing and maintenance.
- Some CNC milling experience would be an advantage.
- Be fully competent in interpreting and understanding engineering drawings.
- Be fully competent in manufacturing jigs and fixtures from the details given on engineering drawings
- Experience and ability to produce parts to tight tolerances.
- Experience of producing and maintaining press tools.
- Be able to work as part of a team in a fast moving, dynamic department.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Have a proven tool making background.
- Have a good understanding of technical drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Be able to produce the required items to agreed-time scales in a dynamic and fluid environment.
Please apply for this role online today.
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.