Electronics Engineer / New Product Development
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the successful candidate will be the company authority on all electronic engineering activities. The successful candidate will provide engineering support to production as well as be heavily involved with NPI projects.
- Be the company authority on all electronic engineering activities.
- Be the product owner for all custom electronic assemblies.
- Design, build and maintain custom electronic assemblies required for production operations.
- Be key member of NPI projects in pressure, temperature and flow products.
- Build and maintain custom software.
- Ensure all Company procedures are adhered to - especially EHS and Quality requirements.
- Establish good working relationships with engineers throughout the Division.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or related discipline.
- Proven track record of working with analogue and digital electronics.
- Demonstrable software writing skills.
- Knowledge of electronics for sensing applications in pressure, temperature and flow would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable ability to design, build and maintain test fixtures.
- Project management skills are essential.
- Experience of the NPI process.
- International mind-set, able to co-operate with international engineering teams both on company and customer side.
- Ability to read technical drawings and appreciation of CAD systems. Any Solidworks experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Able to act as a mentor for junior team members.
• 3+years’ experience in electronics engineering
- Knowledge of multiple software languages C#, Java etc.
- Experience of I2C, IC and the IoT would be desirable.
Working Hours, Compensation and Benefits
- 39 hours a week (8.30-17.00 Mon-Thu; 8:30-16.00 Fridays)
- Competitive salary
- 25 annual holidays in addition to 8 statutory holidays. Holidays can be taken hourly
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
Apply online today
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.