Forde Recruitment are currently working in partnership with one of the UK's leading furniture companies in Doncaster .Our client is a major distributor of soft furnishings is creating hundreds of new jobs across the UK and currently has immediate starts. Over the past month alone they have created in excess of 150 jobs and is now looking to increase its workforce by a further 150 nationally. They have advised the new jobs are due to a 92 per cent increase in order intake between May and June this year.
The role is delivering soft furnishings and related items to customers’ homes. You will be responsible for unloading and moving furniture into customers’ homes and you will be working alongside a designated experienced porter who will have experience of building our clients products.
This is initially a temporary role with the full potential and expectation to become a permanent role for the right person!
- Pay rate whilst temporary £9.00ph rising to £23,487 annually upon completion of qualifying period.
Your benefits upon completion of probationary period
- Bonus available for drivers based on attendance/telematics handlingup to £2,000
- Overtime available
- Generous staff discounts on sofas, carpets and furniture ranges
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts from major high street retailers and holiday companies, gym membership discounts and much more.
What is required of you
- Be of smart appearance as you will be required to enter the customers’ homes to deliver the furnishings – full Covid PPE is provided
- Driver must wear dark trousers, no jeans or sportswear, safety footwear andunbranded HI Vis
- We also require a good level of English language as you will be needed to converse with the customers and complete paperwork
- Work with the delivery and warehouse teams to load and unload furniture onto their modern fleet of vehicle
- Assist your assigned porter to install furniture into homes
- Average 15 drops per day the delivery driver will be responsible for ensuring all packaging is cleared and popped into the relevant recycling area
- Shift start times vary from 07:00 onwards
Experience of the above is ideal however you must hold the relevant licence to drive a 7.5 Tonne vehicle, a digi tacho card and relevant CPC qualification.
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies